Monday, February 25, 2008

Melodica to My Ears

Many thanks to everyone who was involved with Melodica. I'm actually exhausted from the overwhelming amount of good music. It's been a while since I've seen so many great bands in one weekend.



I didn't get a chance to see everyone (especially since I spent two nights working at one of the venues), but, amongst what I caught, my favorites were Jet Screamer, History At Our Disposal, The Happy Bullets, No Way, Treewave, Cry Blood Apache, Mom, Medio Mutante, Akkolyte, Vorvadoss, and Red Monroe.

I love noise. I was also reminded of how much I love anarchist metal bands.



I don't know if Melodica will change the face of DFW music. I don't know if it will help pump up our regular music lineups. I don't know if these great bands will play in our hood more often.



What I do know is this: I had a damn good time.

I almost never get to go to Austin or Denton to see shows. This was amazing for me, and you can bet yer britches that I'll be up for another go next year!

- pictures: I plum forgot my camera, so these pictures are not from the actual festival
-in order: album cover for Cry Blood Apache, Vorvadoss making sparks, and Jet Screamer playin slide

No comments: