Monday, November 19, 2007

Art Con Tackles the Elements

Wish I knew about this sooner. I would have loved for The Sub-Rosa to have had a square. Eh, at least I'm one of the artists this year (which is super bad-ass), we'll see about becoming a new element next time 'round. I'm thinking something nuclear...




"This weekend Art Conspiracy painted The Periodic Table of Dallas on the side of The-Club-Once-Known-As-The-Gypsy-Tearoom-Now-Known-as-The-Door. It's meant to raise awareness for Art Conspiracy III on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 6pm (100 artists + 3 bands + 2 DJs = 1 Atomic Night) and also raise additional money that will be given to St. Anthony's Community Center in South Dallas so they can continue to provide arts and music programming after school and on weekends.

A special thank you to the awesome people and businesses who bough an element and also big thank yous for Frank Camagna, Kirk Hopper, and Sergio Garcia of The Kettle Gallery for setting us straight on the art of spray painting and lettering.

Thanks Art Con team for contributing elbow grease and losing brain cells due to paint inhalation - the end result was worth it.

Peace and Chicken Grease,

-Cari"


Art Conspiracy III is Sunday, Dec. 9th from 6-10pm. I've been excited about this since Art Conspiracy II, and I know it'll be fun with Miss Erica Felicella at the helm!

-photo by Sarah Jane Semrad (for more pics click here)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Kevin Obregon, he was a HUGE, HUGE help too. I was still impacted by paint fumes when I sent that email out yesterday.

- Cari