Thursday, October 25, 2007

Personal Update Yo.

I got a new job!

For those of you who didn't know, way back in April, I applied for a position with the Deep Ellum Asociation. They needed someone to run their new office, and tell people about how awesome Deep Ellum is and what's going on.

Anyone who knows me, knows I frickin love Deep Ellum. I live right outside of Deep Ellum, and have worked, partied, frequented restaurants, and been a goofy cheerleader for this hood for years.

Oh yeah, and press be screwed, this place is on a serious upswing right now. Aw, yeah.

So, the DEA, which has very little $ (it's a very long story, and plum ain't right), hasn't been able to afford to hire anyone to organize and maintain the new office... until now.

I'm here to clean up and get this office (across the street from Cafe Brazil/next to The Pharmacy on Elm St.) running.

This office isn't simply for the DEA (who's goal is improving Deep Ellum), but for anyone in the area. That's right peeps. I'm workin for you and our community, and I'm the happiest girl in the universe right now!

No comments: