Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Marchel Ivery is Gone...

...and this makes me very sad. I work at Terilli's and Marchel played many evenings to everyone's delight. He was a sweet man, and we had coffee together several times while discussing music, Jazz legends, and telling jokes.



Marshel was one of the greatest sax players I've ever had the pleasure to witness, and he was a friend. I only wish his five year old daughter could have known the great man her father was. My boyfriend, Mitch, and I (and everyone else at Terilli's) are both going to miss him dearly.

I hope what he's playing the sexy hell out of his instrument right now making the realm of what ever comes next a better place.

Goodbye good Marchel. You were loved.


-Robert Wilonsky wrote a very nice article about Marchel here (which is also where I found the above picture).